Restorative Yoga: A Mindful Training - LEvel 1
Restorative yoga is more than just laying on bolsters and blocks, wrapped in blankets. It's a proven methodology that taps the relaxation response to regulate the nervous system, and engage practitioners to unwind tension, release stress, and to recover and renew the body.
Restorative Yoga: A Mindful Training- Level 1 introduces participants to the foundational method and science of Restorative Yoga. This includes fundamental theories of relaxation response aka 'fight or flight' and the application of prop supported postures. This training partners applied mindfulness (MBSR) practices with biofeedback specific sequencing & cueing to directly elicit rest and relaxation.
Graduates of this training are equipped with tools for structuring restorative practices in group classes and developing personal programs for private students or home practices. This training is designed for yoga teachers, body workers, personal & athletic trainers, trauma therapist, and those students with a deep interest in restorative yoga.
- Introduction to the science of Relaxation Response Theory
- Fundamentals of the nervous system, stress, and subtle body
- Applied anatomy of Restorative Yoga asanas
- Introduction to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction in Restorative Yoga
- Methodology of Basic Props: Bolsters, Blankets, Blocks
- Mindful Cueing: Breath, Voice, Guided Relaxation
You Will Receive
- A Certification of Completion.
- 10 Yoga Alliance CEU hours.
- An extensive training manual compiled by Erick
- A list of recommended reading and resources